Thursday, August 4, 2011

pardon my French

Even though we've barely had a Summer here in the Pacific NW, my eyes are already fixated on Fall/Winter (at least for fashion, anyway.) I am concerned at my current obsession with stripes. I've always liked stripes, just ask my college room mate (Hey K!) I am drawn to black and white stripes with accent colors of red, brown, peach and gold. 

Below you will see a screen shot of my Pinterest board called pardon my French. I've pinned numerous photos of clothes and more to keep my French inspiration alive.


Now, I make no claim to know much about French fashion history (I know it's much more glamorous than my visions) but stripes, cigarette pants and black say Francais to me. My vision this Fall/Winter is to wear black, sometimes all black (I love you Kelly Cutrone.) and stripes. I will document this all to you IF it happens!

PS. Have you checked out Pinterest? If not - DO! And here is another link to my Pinterest board of French inspirations.

2 comments:

kayla! said...

every time i see or wear stripes, i think about you! and i love the frenchy stripes and black pants look. remember when we had that period of time when we bought a ton of scarves and wore them on our head? so audrey hepburn.

Erika Lee Sears said...

I love Pinterest! I also really love Paris.. one of my favorite cities in the whole wide world.