Thursday, April 15, 2010

Tucson wrap-up!

For my final City Views post about Tucson, I thought I would share ideas of places to go around Tucson and in Arizona! There are some wonderful day trips and weekend trips you can take while visiting Southern Arizona. Of all the places I visitied, I most enjoyed Sedona. Going to Sedona would be perfect for a weekend trip or a long day trip!





Sedona is roughly a 3 hour drive from Tucson but it's worth it! The area is packed with hiking trails, camping, natural water slides and those beautiful Red Rocks! Sedona is also known to many as a spiritual retreat.  Check out Visit Sedona for more info!

Another family friendly afternoon getaway is Old Tucson Studios! Located on the far west side of Tucson amongst the Tucson mountains,  Old Tucson is a great place for visitors. Tour old west movie sets, watch stunt shows and take a tour of a haunted mine all in one afternoon! I have been to Old Tucson multiple times and always enjoy it! Ticket prices are fair priced and since it's in town, you are close to hotels, food and more!


Hope you enjoyed my little feature on Tucson! 

1 comment:

Cole said...

I love weekend trips to Sedona. My parents have a timeshare there so we go pretty often. So beautiful!