Thursday, April 22, 2010

cake mix cookies

Hey ya'll (yes I just said ya'll) the other day while grocery shopping I picked up a box of cake mix to make, what I call, cake mix cookies. These are easy to do as well as cheap (cake mix usually costs less than $2 a box.) I decided to make Lemon Drop cookies but the possibilities are endless. Here is the recipe!


Need:
1-box cake mix
1- large egg
1/4 cup oil
1/4 water
mixin's (chocolate chips, nuts, etc.)

Combine the cake mix, egg, oil and water. Once well mixed ( I like to use a mixer for this recipe because the dough is pretty thick and it's easier on the arm muscles) add in your mixin's if you have any then place on a cookie sheet in a 350 degree oven for about 13 minutes (watch them - some mixes have taken longer and some shorter I've noticed.) Enjoy!


I've made cherry chip with chocolate, confetti cookies with icing and would love to try the spice cake with maybe some nuts and cream cheese icing. Get creative and enjoy this super easy treat!

No comments: