Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Soda Bread

Today I decided to try my hand at making a loaf of Soda Bread I saw featured on Simply Recipes last week.  Everything I've ever made from this blog has turned out great and this looked like an easy and cute bread. Here is how mine turned out!

















Result:  Looks cute and tastes great! It turned out sort of biscuit like but I later realized why this was so - I used too much butter! I wasn't paying close attention to the recipe and messed up. I am thinking that is why it has the taste of a biscuit. But hey, now I know how to make a big biscuit (enough for four people!) next time I make a big breakfast. I'll try making this again, with the right amount of butter, and update on how it turns out.

Check out the recipe for yourself on Simply Recipes!

2 comments:

backstitch betty said...

there is nothing wrong with a huge biscuit!

JEANifer said...

it looks delicious! :)