Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Our home style...world or old world?

Recently I've been putting quite a bit of thought in to what my and Chris' home might look like one day.  Not really the outside appearance but the inside decor.  We like it all: european modern, antique, world influences, etc. How can I pull everything we love together to make a home that suits our style, budget and needs?

Here are a few links and images that have inspired me lately.

Design Sponge (Grace Bonney) - this is my mecca. I get daily inspiration from this site and love passing along those inspirations. Today on her " living in" post, she has us living in In the Mood for Love. Man did this did inspire me! The use of world (asian) influence, vintage, mod and beautiful colors.

image from designspongeonline.com


Another post trend Design Sponge does weekly is "sneek peek" - a look in to someone's home.  On Feb 22nd, we got a look at photographer Max Wagner's home. This next image really motivated me to start planning and gathering items to make our place really feel like home. So simple but I love how the pops of color pull your eye in. The yellow, purple and teal pillow on a basic sofa paired with a montage of art - some color and some black and white only - really make for a clean but eclectic look that isn't boring! See, you can have white walls and not feel like you are living in a hospital.

image from designspongeonline.com

Over the coming weeks I will continue to post ideas that inspire me and would love your feedback.  Also, tell me what blogs/websites inspire you when decorating your home.

No comments: